Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lots to say!

First off, I just had the most AMAZING 23rd birthday. Mike gave me a gift a day all week, starting with my new website on Monday. On Tuesday he gave me a new memory card for my camera which I have been desperately needing! Wednesday he gave me an external flash diffuser which told me that on Thursday.... my flash was coming! He made me breakfast Thursday morning at 5 am before work... (Who knows how, but he was WIDE awake...) and then we went out to dinner together that evening with a gift card from my parents. It was so much fun having all these little surprises all week long.

Also on Thursday, another huge blessing happened. Well, let me back up. Wednesday afternoon I stopped by the office after work to drop off some free biscuits. Our Associate Pastor Scott saw me and instantly noticed that I was very worn out with my job. Later that evening I went back into his office and he asked me why I had not applied for a position that had been open for several weeks in the church, which he thought I would be perfect for. I said that I felt a responsibility to Chick-fila (I know that sounds stupid) but they had saved a position for me for several months and I couldn't help feeling like I let them down.

He said, "Why don't you just email your resume and we'll see what happens."

So I prayed about it the rest of the day and sent my resume to Doug, the hiring pastor, late Wednesday evening. He emailed me in the middle of the night and asked if I could come in for an interview Thursday after work. I went in at 4:00 and had about an hour interview with him and felt very good about the position and about our potential relationship working together. He told me he would let me know by Monday if I got the job.

I got a phone call from him around 8:30 THURSDAY night to offer me the position!

God is so good.

So, anyways, now.... I am going to be...

The Assistant to our Pastor of Community Outreach! I could not be more excited about this opportunity to work at Northside (and get to work with mike!) and about the home we are building here in Lexington. We know with no doubts at all that God is richly blessing us here.

On another note, thursday we also got....
OUR WEDDING PICTURES!!! I am telling you, it was an awesome birthday! I love all of them so much and am glad that Mike talked us into getting a professional photographer for the wedding. I was going to drop that in interest of saving money and he knew I would always regret it --- he knows me so well!!

Happy birthday to me! 23 Years and Counting...
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment