Sunday, August 16, 2009

Atlanta Braves



For our first married activity with the kids, we took a few of them to the Braves game. We started out the afternoon at the Varsity for lunch in downtown Atlanta, which is a local hit. This restaurant feels just like a concession stand at the ballpark and there was a crowd of probably 200 people waiting to order. I wish I had taken my camera in, but I had no idea it was going to be be something i'd want to document. Anyways, Mike and I were less than impressed with the greasy food, but apparently it is all about the experience, and the kids loved it.

At Turner Field, we were in the nosebleed section, but I actually don't mind sitting high up. We could see everything and I brought my telephoto zoom for my camera, which works perfectly as binoculars as well.

We topped off the experience on the way home with a stop for dinner at Mikes favorite gas station... yep... the Quik Trip. The kids were less than excited about it... and we heard many moans pulling into the parking lot. However, after giving it a chance, I think they all got their bellies filled. At least we hope so, since that is part of our job. :)


Oh, and the Braves won.






No comments:

Post a Comment